Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #2

Here are some of my thoughts on building an online education community and PLN:

1. As this will be my first year teaching, I can see right away how an online education community will provide an outlet for me as well as my students to explore new ideas. It also will encourage collaboration and observations between student/teacher and also between students. It will permit students to express their feelings about a certain subject and find a community of students to agree or even politely disagree with one another.

2. What point stood out to you from the comment advice?
When it comes to my experience with blogging, I can easily classify myself as a "lurker", or I read/observe the blog without contributing. In this article, I feel that two points really got my attention. First, "be gracious" really hit home. Sometimes, I will read a blog or article online, and then read the comments. What seems like a harmless comment about grammar/spelling can be turned into an unconstructive negative thing and detract from what the post was about. My advice is always to take the "high road". Thank the poster for the correction and then move on.
The second point of making it easy to comment was spot on! I can't tell you the number of times I have wanted to post, but don't because I too am "lazy" or don't like to login. I am not for sharing personal information with everyone, so I am very cautious when and if I do comment.

3. The 5 blogs I chose to comment on were: Bethany 11 Tools, 21 Century Technology, iluv2teach, The Little Blogger that Could, and The Blooming Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the be gracious when writing a comment. Sometimes when you type something out it doesnt sound as well as if you were saying it. You can not put your personal voice to it. I hope that all is going well. Take care, Rocio

    ReplyDelete